BBC News - World BBC News - World
- George Floyd death homicide, official post-mortem declareson June 1, 2020 at 10:15 pm
George Floyd suffered a cardiac arrest while being restrained by police officers, the report says.
- Floyd's brother rebukes people 'messing up my community'on June 1, 2020 at 8:52 pm
Terrence Floyd assails rowdy Minneapolis demonstrators for "messing up my community".
- PlayStation 5: Sony postpones games event due to US protestson June 1, 2020 at 7:48 pm
The move follows a decision by Google to delay showing off the next version of Android.
- George Floyd death: Liverpool players take knee in picture at Anfieldon June 1, 2020 at 6:28 pm
Liverpool players displayed a message of support by taking a knee around the centre circle at Anfield after the death in police custody of African-American George Floyd in Minneapolis.
- Japan launches surprise fireworks to lift spirits amid pandemicon June 1, 2020 at 6:02 pm
The displays, at secret locations across Japan, were designed to lift spirits amid the pandemic.
- George Floyd: What does the data show about race and policing?on June 1, 2020 at 5:25 pm
We've looked at some of the data around ethnicity and the US crime and justice system.
- George Floyd: 'Unacceptable' attacks on reporters at protestson June 1, 2020 at 4:28 pm
More than 100 incidents are being investigated by press groups, including apparently deliberate targeting.
- Return of Anonymous hacker collectiveon June 1, 2020 at 4:27 pm
As the US is engulfed in civil unrest, the masked hackers are being credited with new action.
- Coronavirus: South Africans cheer as alcohol goes back on saleon June 1, 2020 at 4:22 pm
People were banned from buying it as part of efforts to combat the spread of coronavirus.
- Coronavirus: Lockdown eased in Moscow after nine weekson June 1, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Parks and shopping centres reopen and people are allowed out for walks, as cases continue to rise.
- Facebook staff anger over Trump poston June 1, 2020 at 1:37 pm
Employees say they are ‘ashamed’ that a controversial post by the President was not removed.
- George Floyd: Music industry calls for 'blackout' over deathon June 1, 2020 at 1:29 pm
Record labels say they will not release new music this week, as musicians join protests in the US.
- George Floyd death: Violence in Washington DC as protests continueon June 1, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Riot police clash with demonstrators in the US capital as crowds gather near the White House.
- Tiananmen: Police ban Hong Kong vigil for victims of 1989 crackdownon June 1, 2020 at 11:19 am
Authorities say the decision was taken due to public health concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Tropical Storm Amanda: At least 14 dead in El Salvadoron June 1, 2020 at 10:52 am
More than a thousand families had to leave their homes as the storm caused heavy flooding.
- Autistic Palestinian shot by Israeli police buried amid revenge callon June 1, 2020 at 10:23 am
Hundreds attend the funeral of Iyad Halaq, who was shot dead while walking in Jerusalem's Old City.
- Washington DC hit by violent protestson June 1, 2020 at 10:02 am
The US capital sees some of the worst violence following the death of black man George Floyd.
- George Floyd death: Tanker driven at US protesters in Minneapolison June 1, 2020 at 9:28 am
The driver was pulled from the truck by demonstrators, before being taken away and arrested by police.
- How Venezuela's fuel crisis is hitting coronavirus victimson May 31, 2020 at 11:46 pm
Venezuela's fuel crisis is so acute that even funeral homes are struggling to transport bodies to the cemetery.
- Libya conflict: Russia and Turkey risk Syria repeaton May 31, 2020 at 11:16 pm
Gen Haftar's forces have been beaten back from Tripoli but that does not mean peace is at hand.