BBC News - World BBC News - World
- France teacher attack: Four school students held over beheadingon October 19, 2020 at 8:50 pm
Fifteen people are now in custody after the brutal murder of teacher Samuel Paty near Paris.
- Coronavirus: New Covid-19 cases rising rapidly across USon October 19, 2020 at 6:56 pm
Cases are rising in 48 states, and infections hit about 70,000 for the first time since July.
- Tokyo Olympics: Russian hackers targeted Games, UK sayson October 19, 2020 at 6:02 pm
UK officials say Russian intelligence took aim at the 2020 Olympics before they were delayed.
- End Sars protests: Amnesty warns of 'escalating attacks'on October 19, 2020 at 5:08 pm
Protesters at the offices of the central bank are wounded after being attacked, rights group says.
- Bolivia election: Evo Morales's ally Luis Arce set for winon October 19, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Luis Arce's main rival, Carlos Mesa, concedes defeat after a quick-count gave the former a wide lead.
- The Countdown: Early voting, Biden's ads and the Beastie Boyson October 19, 2020 at 4:39 pm
Why is it such a quiet week for Joe Biden and what can the Beastie Boys tell us about this election?
- China-Taiwan tensions erupt over diplomats' fight in Fijion October 19, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Both sides say their officials were injured at an event organised to mark Taiwan's national day.
- Coronavirus: Belgium facing 'tsunami' of new infectionson October 19, 2020 at 2:10 pm
The country is close to being overwhelmed as the number of cases soars, the health minister warns.
- Coronavirus: Germany improves ventilation to chase away Covidon October 19, 2020 at 1:47 pm
Public buildings receive €500m of German state cash to improve ventilation systems.
- Pop star Aryana Sayeed is fighting criticism against female performers in the countryon October 19, 2020 at 12:26 pm
The country’s biggest female pop star Aryana Sayeed is fighting taboos against women who want to sing.
- Wild boar family killed by police in Rome children's playgroundon October 19, 2020 at 11:49 am
The city's mayor orders an investigation amid outrage from residents and animal rights groups.
- Thailand protests: Authorities move to ban Telegram messaging appon October 19, 2020 at 11:36 am
Internet providers have been ordered to block the secure messaging app used by activists.
- Coronavirus: Top Palestinian official Saeb Erekat in 'critical' conditionon October 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Chief negotiator Saeb Erekat, 65, has been placed on a ventilator at an Israeli hospital.
- Coronavirus: The place in North America with no caseson October 19, 2020 at 1:04 am
Nunavut, in Canada's north, has managed to keep coronavirus out of its communities.
- 'The fake reporter wanted to know about our software'on October 18, 2020 at 11:12 pm
As image recognition software is increasingly used, one firm had to deal with subterfuge.
- Sudan khalwas: Undercover in the schools that chain boyson October 18, 2020 at 11:07 pm
A BBC News Arabic investigation has uncovered systemic child abuse inside Islamic schools in Sudan.
- Anti-Trump TikTokkers not declaring paid contenton October 18, 2020 at 11:07 pm
TikTok creators have been making anti-Trump videos without disclosing they were paid for.
- ‘Red, red wine': The meaning of African election symbolson October 18, 2020 at 11:04 pm
Campaign colours and why they are so important for those in pursuit of power.
- Covid-19: How restaurants are preparing for winteron October 18, 2020 at 11:03 pm
Why restaurant owners hope outdoor heaters and marquees might help keep customers coming back.
- India coronavirus: The woman who ferries patients in a school buson October 18, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Bus driver Neelam Singh, who contracted the virus while working, says she is glad to help.